What to do in Mykonos? A lot.
If you are wondering whether or not to include Mykonos in your vacations but when you hear the phrase “Greek island”, the first picture you have in mind is whitewashed houses, blue-roofed churches, narrow lanes and bougainvillea covering walls, then that’s exactly what Mykonos is… a Greek island you will never forget!
Mykonos is one of the 220 Cycladic islands, famous in history for its unique Cycladic culture. Distanced only 94 nm from Piraeus, Athens is a must stop for many cruise-ships. Once just a small island and a modest fishing village, it became the playground of choice for many world jet-setters who loved to take their Mykonos vacations, especially after Jackie Kennedy Onassis came here to suntan on its pristine beaches and take advantage of the perfect Mykonos weather and climate.
And yes, there so much to see and do…
- Mykonos Greece is a gateway to Delos, in the past a revered and highly populated island, now just a deserted museum in the open, best seen via one of the ship organized tours.
- Then there are all the Mykonos attractions in the Chora town itself: the distinctive windmills which define the landscape of Mykonos; the famous 15th century. Paraportiani church; the charming area of Little Venice with its cosmopolitan bars and restaurants and old houses whose balconies hang over the water.
- And then there are 5 Mykonos museums, small but displaying artefacts that tell a story about some truly fascinating aspects of the island’s life: distant history, folklore, agriculture, religion and seafaring.
- We also have to mention all the boutique hotels, bars and restaurants of Mykonos Greece… some of them traditional tavernas and others chic and super-trendy, worthy of any interior-design magazine’s photo shoot and easily swapped for a location in any world metropolis. And most importantly, you don’t have to worry for your transfers, as we offer you the car rental services you need!
- And that’s during the day… we often wonder what it must be like at night when the town actually comes alive?! If you’re taking your teenage kids for a cruise, they will confirm… Mykonos is famous for its party scene and its nightlife.
- Apart from the nightlife, Mykonos is also famous for its beaches. Some of them are frequented by more liberal crowds while others are more suitable for families, and we’ll tell you exactly which are which.
- Now, one of the activities that cannot be missed under any circumstance is of course Mykonos shopping. If all you expect to see here are olive oil soaps and evil-eye pendants, you are wrong… Mykonos caters to its jet-set scene with high-end fashion boutiques, art galleries and shops that offer the finest Swiss watches or gorgeous designs! If you are a serious shopper, you will love it!
Maybe you didn’t realize before but in Mykonos there really is a lot to do…